Chief Executive Insight with Toni Schneider
Original Air Date: October 5, 2010
Toni Schneider is the CEO of Automattic, the core team behind the WordPress project. Since leaving Switzerland for Silicon Valley, he has been working with and successfully exiting startups. Before leaving Yahoo! to join Automattic, Tony was a WordPress user and part of the community. On today's show we touch on:
- The huge Windows Live Spaces migration to WordPress.com
- Who is Toni and why he chose to work with Automattic
- Progress Automattic is making in terms of growth
- Steps WordPress is taking as a CMS
- The mantra and thought process behind Automattic's products
- Where Automattic is going next and the ways to engage with the community
Plugin Picks of the Week:
- Shrimp Test – Easy A/B testing to maximize site performance.
- Ultimate Taxonomy Manager – A solid tool for simplifying custom taxonomy management for non-developers.
- Yet Another Related Posts – Increase page views / time on site, by suggesting relevant posts to readers.